|
i want to fly. always wanted to. but will I?
|
Monday, October 20, 2008
My mother had to wake me up this morning, I was awake but lying on the bed; it was my grandfather's birthday and the family had to head over to his house for lunch to celebrate the occasion. Me and my sister were still lying on our beds, typical of us on weekends...
As usual and also as expected, other relatives who were already there called our house telling us to hurry there since we were always one of the latest to arrive on occasions where the whole family got together. After probably half an hour, my mother finally got me to get off my bed and get washed up. She did not however pull my sister out of bed...my sister kept complaining that she had worked the whole of yesterday and was very tired, but we both went to bed at the same time, so i was wondering why my mother was so unfair as to only drag me but not my sister up...
Over at my grandfather's house, we had a buffet lunch, not much food to my taste but i enjoyed it nevertheless. After spending a few hours chatting with relatives, my family went back home to catch the F1 Chinese Grand Prix. I just watched the start of the race before turning on my computer...
I just made a flight from Springfield, Illinois to Atlanta Georgia. Kansas City Centre was online when i began the flight, and so too came along Memphis Centre as passed by. Unfortunately, there was no ATC at Atlanta. Instead, there was a 11kt wind blowing at a slight angle to the runway, not much of a problem.
Landing on runway 08L, I greased the landing so smoothly, I didn't even know i touched down till i head the tires rolling on the runway! Usually, you could see the sudden stop in the descent visually, but not this time. In fact, i landed with a vertical speed of -19.2 feet/minute, thats about -9.75cm/second! Yea, i know landings should not be too smooth, not just too rough, but with the fact that this airplane has a tendency to pull up a lot when you flare it, to me this is a good achievement.
Here's your proof!

and for you to see just how smooth it was, here's a video of the landing.
Also, its just 3 more days before i get back my report book, I am so excited!
JavierGoh left a note at 10/20/2008 12:23:00 am
***
|