|
i want to fly. always wanted to. but will I?
|
Sunday, January 18, 2009
EuroBusiness Flight B566 from Denver, Colorado to Atlanta, Georgia in the Tupolev Tu-204-120 that Cheuk Wing flew to Denver but never flew back! XD
I depart from gate A33 at Denver, and I taxi Southwards to runway 25. Here, you can see the tent-roof shape of the terminal building

After a longer than usual takeoff run (due to the high altitude of Denver airport), I turn left to join the 097 radial of the Denver VOR. This airplane is designed for hot-and-high operations, similar to Boeing's 757, thus the airport is not a problem.

Maintaining a 2500ft/min climb rate, I flew the airplane manually along the route until I reach about FL300, where I reduced the climb rate to around 1500ft/min and let the Autopilot takeover.

Crossing Memphis enroute to Atlanta, about to arrive soon.

Descending via the RMG3.MEM STAR, I fly parallel to Atlanta's runways past Atlanta City's business district, not far from the airport.

Descnding into the clouds, making the final turn to line-up with the runway for landing, visibility hasn't been good here for the past few times i've flown to Atlanta

Just passing the 8 Nm mark, I can barely make out the runway approach lights of Atlanta's 5 parallel runways, but once you see it, you can't miss it.

A shot in the dark, just a few hundred feet above the approach lighting. A slight crosswind here, but it's nothing much.

Over the bridge, not much traffic in the middle of the night.

And a smooth landing on runway 26L, the Flying Orient Express has arrived!

Parked at Atlanta, deboarding our 19 VIP passengers onboard.
JavierGoh left a note at 1/18/2009 08:48:00 pm
***
|