Dreams of Flying.




My Photo
Name:

An aspiring pilot whose dreams are on hold.


i want to fly.
always wanted to.
but will I?

 

 

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Forgot to post about PTM lol...

Ok, so my PTM was at 1815, after Speech Day rehersal, so I had to stay back for 45 minutes after that, at least that was what i initially thought. In the end however, I only had to wait 10 minutes as I left the music room at 1750 and my mum promptly arrived at 1800, so not much waiting! During the 10 minutes, I nearly forgot to pass up that Chinese Paper 2 supposed-to-be-a-test test, which i fortunately did.

Ok, so here's my results:
2009 CA1

I managed to maintain my L1R4 and L1R5 scores of 7 and 9 respectively, but what I really wanted was to improve on them. No matter, this will not count in the O level examinations anyway!

First, I'll talk about English. This year so far has been pretty challenging for me, I was unable to score well in almost all English Paper 2 Tests (while you might consider constantly getting Bs or high Cs as good, it's not good enough for me), and even failed in 1 or 2. I'm still trying hard to get the A1 I want for English, I sure hope that English Seminar will help! As for Paper 1, I am this close to scoring A1s, need to find that mark fast!

Next up, probably the most beautiful sight I have ever seen. A B4 for Chinese! I guess my determination to improve on Chinese is really paying off; this is the very first time I have seen such a score for Chinese in my 4 years of Secondary school life! With the Chinese O level examinations slightly less than 2 months away, I'm going to make sure I get that A1 whether it takes 1 or 2 tries!

Now, for the best of the CA results, A and E Maths! I'm just a bit suprised at the fact that these two are the best scores of my CA results and not the 2 sciences! Usually I won't expect 90+ for Maths, only 80+ at most so this is rather astounding!

Probably the biggest dissapointment, both sciences. It's likely that because there were only 2 tests for both, and I scored rather badly for 1 of the 2 tests of both subjects (the 1st tests for both, not in the tests mood yet),thus the resulting impact on my grades. I still have no idea why I only got a 73.3 for Physics though, it was an exact 75 when I calculated the average of the 2 tests. Also, the third Chemistry test, for which I scored a 43/50, was not counted in the CA results. If they had been added in, I would definitely have scored much better! Then again, I can only blame my self for what grades I achieve.

The next dissapointment, Combined Humanities. No idea how I scored for Literature but I know I did rather badly for Social Studies, scoring constant Bs when I should be scoring As, and even failing a test by 1 mark! I thought I could depend on Social Studies to pull up my Combined Humanities grade but it looks like I'm going to have to pile on the pressure.

Last but not least, Geography! I scored well in all tests, but the latest test (which I'm not sure if it's counted in the CA) was rather badly done. Congratulations to Sammel and Syafiqah for beating me in that test though, but as The Terminator says, "I'll be back." Overall, I still think I am performing as expected for Geography, though I've dropped down from the 90+ range since Human Geography is more challenging.

Overall, I've got joyous achievements and miserable drops. Happy? yes, but statisfied? Defninitely not. Just compare these results to my academic aims on the left side of my blog and you'll get what I mean.

That evening, I watched Disney's Meet the Robinsons, and one thing I learnt from it,

Keep Moving Forward

This is just a bit of turbulence on the jetway to the O level exams. The plane won't just stop because of the turbulence, it flies through. Of course scientifically speaking, there is no way that any normal or even severe turbulence can stop a plane dead in mid-air. If it did stop however, it'll stall and plunge down to the ground.

In other words, treat it as a speed bump and not a brick wall.

Bottom line, Despite the turbulence, Keep Moving Forward.

And that's the phrase of the day!


JavierGoh left a note at 4/18/2009 09:27:00 pm

***