Dreams of Flying.




My Photo
Name:

An aspiring pilot whose dreams are on hold.


i want to fly.
always wanted to.
but will I?

 

 

Sunday, December 12, 2010



This morning, I went to get my eyes checked, to see if my eyesight had changed any bit. I can't say I was expecting the best, so I wasn't too surprised when I was told there was a slight deterioration in my eyesight. Still, I'm disappointed.

However, I also went checking pilot requirements of other airlines besides Singapore Airlines later on. Quite a fruitful search. Heck, it's only Singapore's standards that are so strict. Other airlines don't even fix a requirement for eyesight, just as long as u meet obtain a medical cert, your eyes have no permanent problems and that it is correctable with spectacles. Why is it that Singapore always have to have higher standards than others? Can't we live with being "just as good", must we always be the strictest ("best")?

So, now I've made another decision about my future. If I can't get into SIA, I'll simply go for other airlines. I just want to fly, thats all. Who I fly for is secondary. As for the Air Force's requirements? I'll just see if I get accepted in first. If I'm not, I'll go the long way. Uni, then maybe STATA or an airline's cadet pilot program. I'm still hopeful.


JavierGoh left a note at 12/12/2010 04:49:00 pm

***